This morning I woke up to the same dilemma most women wake up to each morning "what to wear?????", as I opened up the closet a pair of yellow jeans jumped at me, yet my brain resisted since its November and not spring/summer. At the same time I wanted to wear my yellow sweater, suddenly pairing everything up, even my undergarments :-) I was obsessed with this lemon colour, and if that wasn't enough, I found myself eating a banana 2 minutes after getting dressed, looking into the mirror needing answers. What does a colour mean?
- This color relates to acquired knowledge. It is the color which resonates with the left or logic side of the brain stimulating our mental faculties and creating mental agility and perception.
- Being the lightest hue of the spectrum, the color psychology of yellow is uplifting and illuminating, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun.
- In the meaning of colors, yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness.
- Yellow is creative from a mental aspect, the color of new ideas, helping us to find new ways of doing things. It is the practical thinker, not the dreamer.
- Yellow is the best color to create enthusiasm for life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism.
- The color yellow loves a challenge, particularly a mental challenge.
- Within the meaning of colors, yellow is the great communicator and loves to talk. Yellow is the color of the networker and the journalist, all working and communicating on a mental level. Yellow is the scientist, constantly analyzing, looking at both sides before making a decision; methodical and decisive. Yellow is the entertainer, the comic, the clown.
- Yellow helps with decision making as it relates to clarity of thought and ideas, although it can often be impulsive. Yellow helps us focus, study and recall information, useful during exam time.
- Yellow has a tendency to make you more mentally analytical and critical - this includes being self critical as well as critical of others.
- Yellow is non-emotional, coming from the head rather than the heart. Yellow depends on itself, preferring to not get emotionally involved.
- Yellow is related to the ego and our sense of self worth, to how we feel about ourselves and how we are perceived by others.
Yellow is the most highly visible of all colors which is why it is used for pedestrian crossings. Take note of the crossings which are marked in white - they are less easy to see than those marked yellow, particularly on wet and cloudy days.
If you are going through a lot of change in your life you may find you can't tolerate the color yellow very well - this will usually pass. It just means that you are having trouble coping with all the changes at the moment and yellow vibrates too fast for you, making you feel stressed. Introduce green or a soft orange into your life for a while to balance and restore your energies. Many older people don't respond well to large amounts of yellow because it vibrates too fast for them.
And here are some Fall/Winter designs that use yellow. If you are having a yellow overload already now, please stop reading/scrolling :-)
I will most likely break the yellow up with a colourful scarf, black boots and a black coat. Have fun wearing colour this fall/winter, it brightens the day.